segunda-feira, 12 de novembro de 2012

*. Henk Werkhoven .*

Album: Orphical Positions (1982)
Genre: Prog Folk (Prog Rock)  /  Netherlands

Prior to a friend sending this over, I'd never even heard of Henk Werkhoven. But once I saw the album cover, I was intrigued. After hearing this once, I bought an LP on the spot. You can read about Mr. Werkhoven online. Another one of those Renaissance guys, constantly in creativity mode, yet few know who he is or what he does. As you read the bio, you could come away thinking this is a new age album. Couldn't be further from the truth. Basically "Orphical Positions" is good old fashioned instrumental progressive rock lead by flute, violin and guitar (acoustic and electric), along with exotics like sitar. A crack rhythm section keeps the proceedings moving along at a crisp pace. At once I'm reminded of Camel's "Snowgoose" and Rousseau's"Flowers in Asphalt". But I also hear Anthony Phillips, Kenso, Flairck, Coda and Verdaguer. A very fine release. Review by "ashratom" (Rate Your Music).

RATING:  7.75 / 10

.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário